SAVE THE DATE
NIGHT OF STARS
MVUUC ANNUAL GOODS AND SERVICES AUCTION
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 3, 2018
Doors open 5:00 PM
Our Annual Goods and Services Auction is an important fundraising event for MVUUC and always a fabulous dinner and party!
Kindly make your reservations now. Last day for reservations is Sunday, October 28th.
We need numbers for our chefs.
Dinner, Silent Auction, Raffle 5:00-6:30 PM
Live Auction 6:30-8:30 PM
Mediterranean meal prepared by Claremont Canopy Catering,
an organization founded to support refugee resettlement.
No Host Bar with beer, wine, sparkling water and soft drinks.
$17 donation per adult includes entrance, dinner and one beverage
(additional beverages available for purchase).
Children’s Claremont Canopy meal $10 ages 12 and under.
Free childcare and no-cost kids’ meal of macaroni and cheese in the RE classroom.
See Auction Team members on Sundays to reserve a seat and prepay your donation.
NEW THIS YEAR—10% of funds raised will be given to refugee resettlement programs. If we make more than $10,000 in this effort, 15% will be shared. Join in this commUUnity action.
COME AS THE STAR YOU ARE!!
Feel free to come as yourself or your favorite star of film, music, sport, history, etc.
Contact the Auction Team (Maribel Dana, Rita Salama, Catherine Rowlee, Kay Pearlman and Laura Mulroy) at email@example.com or speak to any of them after service on the patio if you have questions.
COME SHINE WITH US!!
This year, the Auction Team is encouraging donations of services that build commUUnity. We are hoping for more experiences than goods, more events that strengthen friendship at MVUUC as we calendar many days of fun throughout the coming year. Events can be at your home, at MVUUC, or other locations.
DEADLINE for DONATIONS: OCTOBER 25
6 OPPORTUNITIES REMAIN to bring your donations for this fabulous party!
The office staff has graciously agreed to accept donations for the auction.
Email us regarding donations, reservations or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
We need 200+ donations to reach our goal. See below for some suggestions:
- Share a talent/skill/special knowledge
- Homemade and Handcrafted Items are joyfully accepted
- Donate Goods:
- New this year—If you wish to donate an item, we want to be sure it would be one you would like to receive as a gift. A donation’s retail value should be at least $20. If you have a very large item (like a kayak), please bring photos.
- Home-made goods such as jams or soaps are also welcome and will be offered for a set price.
- Provide a theme dinner or party (for adults, children or all ages) at your home or Monte Vista (Schedule a day with the Office Administrator to use the sanctuary, patio or kitchen).
- Lead a tour and/or share a meal in a favorite place or one you want to explore:
- Take a group to museums, restaurants, plays, lectures, concerts, historic homes, gardens, picnics, hiking, etc. Donor can ask people to carpool if needed.
- Share a behind-the-scenes excursion to an interesting place to which you or a friend have access:
- Tour a university, fire station, police station, theater, newspaper, TV or radio station, etc.
- Offer aid to others:
- Provide services such as childcare, house cleaning, pet sitting, house sitting, shuttle to LAX or Ontario Airports, tutoring etc. Be sure to include hours/days of the week you could donate and the total number of offerings you could give (for example: 2 hours service, 5 offerings).
Email completed donation forms to email@example.com or return them to the Auction Team in person or in the mailbox by the Office door.
You can donate more than once; however, use one donation sheet per item. Donation forms are available on Sundays and on our website. Click on the following link:
MORE DROP OFF DATES FOR DONATIONS
At the MVUUC OFFICE: Thursday, October 18, Friday, October 19,
Monday, October 22 and Thursday, October 25
between 8:00 AM and 1:00 PM
Our Auction Team is available every Sunday on the patio. On Tuesday October 23, we are available from 6:30 to 7:30 pm in the Founders Room.
See our auction link on the MVUUC website or check out our Together Auction website: www.togetherauction.com/montevistauu