At the Monte Vista Unitarian Universalist Congregation, our goal is to provide a joyful environment in which children may grow – intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Teaching the beliefs embodied in our living tradition and the seven principles and purposes of Unitarian Universalism
- Fostering social responsibility
- Teaching our children to question and find their own spiritual paths
- Welcoming our children into our church community and the greater UU fellowship
- Providing an emotionally and physically secure environment.
Classes meet on Sunday mornings concurrently with the service at 10:30 AM. On most Sundays, children will come to the service at the beginning and then are ‘sung’ to their classrooms. Some days there will be a “Time for all Ages” and on occasion the children will stay throughout the whole service. After class the children will be on the playground. They must be signed out by 12:30, unless special arrangements have been made in advance.
Our curriculum addresses timeless themes, which we rotate.
- Unitarian Universalist history and identity
- Our Jewish and Christian heritages
- Diversity, including the wisdom of other world religions
- Young Religious Unitarian Universalists (YRUU)